Publications & Public Policy Impact
- Kim, S., Martin, M., Caskey, R., Van Voorhees, B., & Glassgow, A. (in progress). The Effect of Neighborhood Disorganization on Care Engagement among Children with Chronic Conditions.
- Kim, S., Martin, M., Caskey, R., Van Voorhees, B., & Glassgow, A. E. (under review). The Effect of Neighborhood Disorganization on Care Engagement among Children with Chronic Conditions. Journal of Health and Social Behavior.
- Glassgow, A. E., Atkins, M., Martin, M., Caskey, R., Van Voorhees, B., & Kim, S. (in progress). Exploring Racial Disparities in Mental Health Disorders and Neighborhood Disorganization among an Urban Cohort of Children with Chronic Health Conditions.
- Gottlieb, A., & Wilson, R. (2019). The effect of direct and vicarious police contact on the educational achievement of urban teens. Children and Youth Services Review.
- Hernandez, R., Vu, T. H. T., Kershaw, K. N., Boehm, J. K., Kubzansky, L. D., Carnethon, M., … & Liu, K. (2019). The Association of Optimism with Sleep Duration and Quality: Findings from the Coronary Artery Risk and Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study. Behavioral Medicine, 1-12.
- Hernandez, R., Lash, J. P., Burrows, B., Wilund, K. R., Mattix-Kramer, H. J., Peralta, C., … & Moncrieft, A. E. (2019). The association of positive affect and cardiovascular health in Hispanics/Latinos with chronic kidney disease: Results from the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos (HCHS/SOL). Preventive medicine reports, 15, 100916.
- Hernandez, R., Daviglus, M. L., Martinez, L., Durazo-Arvizu, R. A., Huffman, J. C., Ramirez, F., … & Moskowitz, J. T. (2019). “iAlegrate!”—A culturally adapted positive psychological intervention for Hispanics/Latinos with hypertension: Rationale, design, and methods. Contemporary clinical trials communications, 14, 100348
- Vonderheid, S.C.; Tussing-Humphreys, L.; Park, C.; Pauls, H.; OjiNjideka Hemphill, N.; LaBomascus, B.; McLeod, A.; Koenig, M.D. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis on the Effects of Probiotic Species on Iron Absorption and Iron Status. Nutrients 2019, 11, 2938.
A value of CHER Chicago is to take our research and leverage community partnerships to create and support public policy initiatives and leaders committed to eliminating structural violence.
Learn more about community involvement.