- This event has passed.
Chicago Fund for Safe and Peaceful Communities Technical Assistance Application Session
March 23, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Black Star Project
are collaborating to offer a
for potential applicants applying to the
Chicago Fund for Safe and Peaceful Communities
The Chicago Fund for Safe and Peaceful Communities (“the Fund”) opens its 2018 grant application period on Thursday, March 15, calling for proposals from organizations to develop programming in one or more of 19 prioritized Chicago communities. Nonprofit organizations, that are formally or informally organized, must have annual operating budgets of no more than $500,000.
Grant applicants can apply for awards ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, to fund programming such as educational events, youth activities, resident leader stipends, recreational activities, residential block parties, public performances and street festivals. The application process is straightforward and grants will be awarded before Memorial Day, reflecting a rapid-response process intended to support grassroots organizations that are working with keep communities safe. The total funding pool is $850,000.
The Fund has a simple application process, and grants will be awarded quickly.
• Applications must be submitted by April 17, 2018.
• Grant awards will be announced on May 11, 2018, and funds distributed on May 21, 2018.
• Grant activities should start around Memorial Day and all activities related to the grants must be completed by October 31, 2018.
• Grants will range from $1,000 to $10,000.
• Successful applicants must have budgets of less than $500,000.
• Proposals will be prioritized in 19 communities.
• Activities include educational events, youth activities, resident leader stipends, recreational activities, residential block parties, public performances, street festivals and more.
• Total funding pool of $850,000.00.
• Last year, 120 grants were awarded.
• Fiscal agents are available through this program.
To Attend This Technical Assistance Session
When: Friday, March 23, 2018
Where: The Black Star Project
3509 South King Drive
Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
You Must RSVP your Name, Organization, Phone and Email to:
For Questions? Please call Otis Monroe, the Monroe Foundation (773) 315-9720
Click Here to Learn More about Chicago Fund for Safe and Peaceful Communities