Question 1: Are you having symptoms like fever, cough, or difficulty breathing?
- If YES: Please answer Question #2.
- If NO: Testing is not needed. If you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home and monitor symptoms for 14 days.
Question 2: Are your symptoms severe?
- If YES: Call your doctor or 911.
- If NO: Please answer Question #3.
Question 3: Are you over 60? And/or do you have an underlying medical condition like diabetes, cancer or heart disease?
- If YES: Contact your doctor to determine if testing is needed.
- IF NO: Testing is not needed. Stay home for 7 days from symptom onset and 72 hours after fever is gone and symptoms improve (whichever is longer) to avoid getting anyone else sick.
What Illinois is Doing
Protecting the health, safety, and wellbeing of Illinoisans is Governor Pritzker’s top priority. The administration continues to work closely with local health departments, county officials and federal partners to put systems in place to respond to COVID-19. This website will provide the latest news releases related to coronavirus, video archives of press conferences and tips from leading experts to keep you and your family safe.